Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Sitka

Here it is.... My new EDC bag which I carry to work and back home everyday. The bag you see in these pictures is a Maxpedition Sitka. There are 2 smaller pouches which I added to help with carry extra/smaller items. The Maxpedition Janus pouch and RollyPoly Dump pouch. The Janus is attache to the bottom front of the Sitka and contains hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes plus my work keys. The RollyPoly is attached to the left side of the Sitka and is used for carrying my lunch to work.
This Sitka is an upgrade from my last EDC bag, Maxpedition Colossus. The Colossus was a good touch bag but unfortunatley I out grow the dimensions of the bag. The Sitka is the perfect EDC bag. A little bit larger than my previous EDC bag but not as awkward when carrying out in public. The bag looks to be a normal backpack but with only one shoulder strap. This bag is referred as a Sling type bag. The one shoulder strap anchors across the front of your body and allows for easy removal and adjusting.
A few small modifications were done to the bag in order to give it a more personal feeling and sense of personal ownership. I switched out almost all of the black paracord zipper pulls and replaced them with OD Green paracord. I also made a cobra stich pull handle on the right side of the Sitka. I added 4 personal moral patches to the bag and my chrome skull zipper pull. Orange paracord zipper pulls were added to the back of the Sitka bag in order to help see the rear zippered compartment. All of my EDC items including my Apple iPad and iPod fit inside the Sitka perfectly. My only issue with the Sitka is the length of the bag. I do wish it was a little bit longer horizontally but with its compact size, it sits comfortably on my should and back. I will be doing a video review on my Sitka and my new Kodiak B.O.B. bag today. Check out the videos later on today on Youtube and find out which of the two bags are better suited for your everyday needs.

2 comments:

  1. You are SO my hero!
    This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!

    Now, Where do you get those awesome badges??

    ReplyDelete